Last night the clocks went back. The winter is starting to draw in, and I feel like this project is also starting to draw towards its close. In reality, I’ve still got five more months, and it looks like the original ‘Brexit Day’ won’t actually be ‘Brexit Day’, because why leave when you can extend the transition period? Can the transition period just last forever, so we never actually leave? I’ve been getting some questions about what I’m going to do when I’ve finished baking from all 28 countries, and so I’m starting to think about what might come after this.
Tinginys (recipe from here)
1 can condensed milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
110g unsalted butter
360g digestive biscuits
2 tbsp dried cherries chopped
- Crumble biscuits into medium size chunks, and place in a bowl.
- In a jug, place cocoa powder in milk, and whisk until no lumps remain. Add in salt and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, heat sweetened condensed milk, and melt in the butter. Add in the cocoa powder mixture. Allow it to cook, stirring often to combine. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cookies and stir to coat evenly. Mix in the dried fruit. Line a 5″x9″ loaf plan with cling film (I did this with greased foil because we don’t use cling film any more, because plastic, and it turned out okay), and pour the mixture. Try to evenly distribute throughout.
- Remove from loaf pan, and try to form a cylinder. Place in the refrigerator and cool for about 3-4 hours. Slice thinly, and serve with fruit if desired.