Well, once again this is a bit late due to essay writing. But now I am finally done, and apart from having to go to work the next three days, my Christmas break has officially started!
I didn’t manage to bake anything new or exciting this week though (predictably), just more gingerbread, and some brownies for my housemate’s birthday. So instead, I thought I’d go through all the stuff I’ve baked this year and talk about some of my favourites. 2014 has gone quickly, but looking back to January feels like a lifetime ago. So much has changed since then – not least that I have proven to myself that I can post regularly on a blog for a year (well, I’ve still got a couple of weeks until its officially a year, but let’s call it that anyway).
So without further ado, here are my ten most favourite things I baked this year…
10. Plum Cupcakes – a celebration of all things autumnal!
9. Gingerbread Cupcakes – brought festive deliciousness
8. Rhubarb and Almond Loaf – this was a really good late spring bake, which I made multiple times because it was so tasty.
7. Suksessterte – perhaps the tastiest thing that I didn’t get to eat, but was made in celebration of my lovely friends getting engaged ❤
6. Peanut Butter Cookies – there should always be peanut butter cookies
5. Chocolate Chip Brioche Pretzels – these are the best breakfast you will ever had. And best snack you will ever have.
4. Peach Jam Scones – peach jam is the best jam ever, and it’s even better when you put it in a scone.
3. Walnut, Chocolate and Honey Tart – I can’t even. Every time I think about this I want to make it and eat it all by myself
2. Caramel Walnut Upside Down Banana Cake – see above. Also, the tastiest thing I didn’t write a proper post about.
AND THE WINNER IS….
1. The Pancaken!!! – literally nothing will ever beat this – the most frustrating and rewarding thing I have ever baked. I don’t know if I’ll bake another one for Pancake Day 2015. Part of me wants to, and the rest of me is horrified at the prospect of spending hours making pancakes and burning myself repeatedly.
I hope you all had a great 2014, and have a Happy Christmas!