To get this thing rolling, I have decided to make a list of all the things I want to bake in order to shortlist potentially saleable cakes. Whilst looking for pictures of cakes I have previously baked to illustrate this post, I instead came across a picture of a cat that looks like Hitler (I’m sorry okay, but this is going to become a thing, and anyway, I couldn’t find any decent baking photos, shameful I know).
I’m thinking the list will probably be added to as time passes, but here is the initial list. There is one item which will be added at a later date once I’ve worked out if there is any level of feasibility in my creation of them.
- Brownies (the good kind, made with ground almonds instead of flour to make them extra gooey and lovely)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Small Salted Caramel Tarts
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Carrot Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Icing
- Caramel Cheesecake
- Raspberry Ripple Cheesecake
- Honey & Pecan Loaf
- Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Raspberry Streusel Cake
- Gingerbread (in house, man or tree form – there are so many options)
- Baked Blueberry Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies (the most extravagant kind of brownie you will ever encounter. Man they are rich, but incredibly tasty)
- Lemon-Almond Cream Bread (YES. I just found this recipe and it looks fantastic, so why not?!)
- Banana Bread
- Lemon Curd (I know this isn’t a form of cake, but I want to make it to use in cakes, so it’s here)
I’m sure there are plenty of other things that I’ve forgotten, but those 16 are a start which will keep me busy for a while.
Yesterday a man came into the bookshop I work in and said “I am humbled by all your books, because they make me see there is so much I do not know”. It was a pretty awesome statement to make, although I just stood there awkwardly and thought to myself “wow”.
I’m feeling a bit the same, in the sense that I’m looking around at all these other bakeries and blogs with people who are amazing bakers and have icing abilities that I will never have, and I realise that I’ve got a lot to find out, but that’s okay, because this is a journey. Even if it will be a long one. At least if it’s difficult some days, I’ve still got a picture of a tiny kitten doing the Nazi salute in a mug. That will make everything better.